I love politics and I like to think I’m pretty savvy. Turns out I do know my basic political factoids, at least according to Pew Research Center News IQ quiz that tested voters knowledge on the presidential election. I answered 11 of 11 questions right, which means I’m an Official Smarty Pants.
I’ve listed the questions below but feel free to head over to the Pew Research Center News to take the real quiz. When you’re done, you’ll be able to compare your answers to compare your answers based on demographics (age, gender, etc).
Oh! And be sure to come back here and leave a note in the comments with your results.
- Which presidential candidate is PRO-LIFE, that is, supports restricting access to abortion in most cases?
- Which presidential candidate supports allowing many illegal immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children to remain in the country?
- Which presidential candidate opposes allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally?
- Which presidential candidate supports raising taxes on income over $250,000?
- Mitt Romney was the governor of which state?
- Mitt Romney was the CEO of which company?
- Who is the current vice president of the United States?
- The Republican Party currently has a majority of seats in:
- Who is the Chief Justice of the U.S.?
- What state did Barack Obama represent in the U.S. Senate, before he became president?
- What does the term “super PAC” refer to?
These questions are all multiple choice so if you don’t know an answer, you can make an educated guess.
Have fun and be sure to let me know how you did!